ipcenter is currently looking for a Team Leader for a planned GIZ-funded skills development project in Jordan.
The project will start in August 2020 and have a duration of 18 months. The main objective is to provide career guidance and counselling (CGC) activities for youth, and capacity development measures for implementation partners in Jordan, focussing on young people and adults among vulnerable Jordanians and Syrian refugees to take advantage of the employment opportunities in skilled craft professions.
Team Leader Profile
• Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the program at local and national level
• Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas:
o Career guidance
o Technical and vocational education and training
o Accreditation and certification systems
o Development of cooperation models with other stakeholders
o Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality)
• Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
• Ensuring results monitoring is conducted
• Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
• Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
• Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase
• Maintaining contact to other donors and the German embassy
• Education/training: University qualification (Master or equivalent for example German “Diploma”) in Psychology, Economy, International Relations, Politics, Sociology or any related major.
• Language: Fluent business language skills in English (European Reference Level – C1)
• General professional experience: 15 years of professional experience in employment promotion and TVET, including extensive experiences in developing training offers and training accreditation systems
• Specific professional experience: 10 years in Career Guidance and Counselling services
• Leadership/management experience: 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company.
• Regional experience: 5 years of relevant professional experience in the MENA Region, of which 2 years in projects in Egypt, Jordan and/or Palestine
• Development Cooperation (DC) experience: 6 years of experience in DC projects
• Other: 1 year of experience in financial management (International organizations or Community-based organizations)
Further information and Contact please read the attached document below.